The first thing you need to consider before building is the location
- NEVER build near zombies.
- Is the location close to trees?
- Is there a nearby water supply?
- Do you have a consistent food source?
- Are there any boulders nearby to upgrade or build a stone base?
The next thing you must be aware of is the land you plan to build on. You want flat land you you can keep building outward and have room for expansion.
Types of material for a base include Wood which has the lowest HP, Stone which has decent HP and Metal which has the most HP.
When it comes to base building you want to think about raiders ahead of time. Raiders are players that have an intent to raid everyone for their loot. So watch out and plan when building your base.